Anger towards privileged groups is a result of years of oppression and hatred.
Anger towards minorities is supported by years of oppression and hatred.
That’s why hatred towards privileged groups is not the same as hatred towards minorities
The ‘Fandom 4 Autism’ thing is making me feel really sick and shaky. See this if you haven’t seen it yet (kind of pro A$ in the link so don’t don’t read it if that upsets you). And I’m not linking to something that horrible without a decent rebuttal.
Fandom has been my biggest form of escapism for most of my life. This just feels like it’s invading my safe space. I know it’s not my space but this still feels like an attack. For some reason, this is affecting me way more than most other anti-autistic stuff.
- Keene State #PumpkinFest Riots (x) (x) Video of cops standing around as glass bottles are thrown. Keene is not Ferguson — Despite police, fires, and tear gas. Keene College Administration tries to blame “out of town visitors” for riots.
- West Virginia Mountaineers win, students celebrate by rioting
- Fan at the Rams game reportedly spit on a protester, fight ensues. 2 protesters, mother and daughter, arrested. (storify) (video)
- "Not Made for TV: Ferguson reflections by Kelly Hayes
- 13 y/o protester had his drums broken by police during the Boycott Walmart event (video) Donate here.
- America’s Justice System Is Not Colorblind (and Neither Are You)
- Donate to Lost Voices
- Kids join the protests (storify)
- #OccupySLU ends peacefully, University president responds
- Ferguson on knife edge of more violence after grand jury evidence leak showing struggle
Group behind minority registration drive wants to know why Republican secretary of state has not added names to rolls
- Independence and safety (not having to rely on abusive ppl, getting to control how you spend your time and money)
- Experiences (travel, events, vacations, entertainment)
- Health (medical care duh, good food, good location, reduced stress)
- Opportunity (car, being able to move, having a safety net, “looking professional”)
- Confidence (clothes that make you look good, things that make you feel good)
iunno that seems a lot like happiness
like misty upham was an actress in an oscar winning film and her disappearance and death was still unpublicized and ignored by the police because she was a native american
i made a thing so i can send it to people who keep insisting israel is not committing genocide against palestine
with that it is bedtime i am too depressed for this shitty ass world
interesting thing abt this convention did u know that the us and canada fought for the “systematic destruction of language and culture” or something along those lines to be dropped from the original definition so what the american and canadian governments were and are doing to indigenous peoples wouldnt be considered genocide lol
this is a post where i ask for help
- my name is elie i’m 21 years old white queer trans mentally ill and autistic
- my parents are getting a divorce
- they both want me to move in with them
- i don’t want to move in with either of them. i love them both dearly and they’ve done a lot for me but:
- my mother is not very accepting of my sexuality and not at all accepting of my gender, she condescends me and my interests constantly, and she’s very controlling and generally mean to me and everyone else
- my father is absolutely horrible to me whenever my mental illness makes itself known, he calls me stupid and other names and he never does anything around the house bc he thinks it’s not his place and he has serious anger issues
- i’m tired of living in an environment like that and it’s just getting worse as they’re getting more stressed and angry over the split
- i’m also trying to go back to school. they’re both planning to live in places where i would not be able to do this there. all i would be able to do is live with them and work all the time, the same thing i am doing now. i have been trying to save to go back to school, or to be more specific, to cover living expenses so i can go back to school, but the more i think about it the more i realize that the best choice for me would be to move in that direction now and then gradually ease into going back to school (like maybe take a class or two at a time)
- i have some money saved but it’s nowhere near what i need to move out and not be totally fucked if i can’t get a good job right away, and i’m not going to be so optimistic as to just assume that’s going to happen for me
- i’m trying to move out as soon as possible. i’m working almost every day (last week i worked 48 hours, the week before i worked 51) at a job that is incredibly draining for me, both physically, because i am there for 8-13 hours busting ass on the days that i work, and emotionally, because i don’t have time for myself or to spend time with friends or see anyone other than the people i work with/for, and because i’m a server and i honestly have a lot of difficulty with it bc i am mentally ill. there is a lot of short term memory stress and general workplace stress is very high because i work at a place where the guests own the restaurant and have been losing money there lately and a lot of them take it out on the employees, being rude or downright hateful and abusive.
- any help would be appreciated
- donations to my paypal (which is email@example.com) (there is also a button on my page) could expedite this process and help me afford things like cups and silverware and towels and pans and cleaning supplies and shit which i don’t currently have my own sets of and cannot take with me from my current living arrangement
- also if you have any advice/suggestions for moving out or living on your own i’d love to hear them because i know nothing about how to do this and i’m honestly fucking petrified
- also also if you live in jacksonville fl i’d like to make friends with people… i know literally nobody there and it’s really scary. i’d especially love to meet other queer/trans ppl bc being able to talk to ppl that understand and support me is rly important to me
- basically any help at all would be incredible even if all u can do is signal boost this
- thank you
Fed up with essentially begging for access to quality food, residents of this predominantly African-American and low-income neighborhood decided to open their own grocery store.
“Flynn said that he decided to terminate Manney based on an Internal Affairs investigation, and while he would not say whether the former officer should face criminal charges, he did acknowledge “errors of judgment, but no malice” in Manney’s handling of the confrontation. “There’s got to be a way for us to hold ourselves accountable absent putting cops in jail for making mistakes,” he said”
Let me repeat what the Police Chief Flynn said
"There’s got to be a way for us to hold ourselves accountable absent putting cops in jail for making mistakes"
Making a mistake, that took the life on an innocent unarmed mad. We must hold ourselves accountable because the cops don’t know when to not shoot an unarmed man
Here’s your Milwaukee Police Department
The Milwaukee Police Association condemned the firing.
"The decision to terminate this officer is cowardice and certainly unfounded and unsupported by fact," President Mike Crivello said in a statement.
Milwaukee Police officers showed support to the fired cop yesterday.
I quit this world
Umm if you break the law no one cares about mistakes