No one filed a challenge by Monday’s deadline to the more than 315,000 signatures turned in to the Secretary of State that would prohibit abortion coverage to be included in standard insurance policies.
What this means is that YOUR health insurance, even if it’s private insurance, would require you to buy a separate rider to cover abortion, and you can’t buy it after you’re pregnant, you have to buy it ahead of time. So if you even think that someday you might be faced with that choice and want your insurance to cover it, you have to buy separate coverage for it now.
THIS COULD PASS EASILY. Most of the legislative houses signed this petition, and Gov. Snyder who, for all his faults, has been generally friendly to pro-choice issues, cannot veto it.
The best we can do now is push the legislature to make it a public ballot issue rather than letting it be decided by the 4.2% of Michigan voters who signed the petition, which was sponsored by Right to Life.
If you’re a Michigan resident and would like to contact your representative and tell them what you think of this so-called “rape insurance” plan, you can do so here,
I can’t even wrap my head around how wrongheaded this is.
Strength is being able to crush a tomato.
Dexterity is being able to dodge a tomato.
Constitution is being able to eat a bad tomato.
Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad.
Charisma is being able to sell a tomato based fruit salad.
I know there are a bunch of posts about how to get gender neutral pronouns (they, their) on Facebook, but it always involves using developer tools which some people are not always comfortable with so I was thinking and did this thing real quick to turn it into 3 steps for convenience and the less tech savvy :)
1. Click and drag this link into your bookmarks bar. (You might need to delete the “denied:” part at the beginning of the URL (without quotes).
2. Click this link to go to the Facebook Mobile edit gender page.
3. Click the new link you just dragged into the bookmarks bar.
And you’re done.. Facebook will only ever refer to you by they/their now.
Thanks to whoever figured this trick out first the original way!
It only takes being rejected once for me to never ever ask anyone anything ever again.
White feminism is “Miley can dress however she wants, don’t slut shame her”
Actual feminism is “Miley can dress however she wants but she crossed a line when she started using another culture as a means to rebel and utilized black women and little people as shocking accessories in her music videos and live performances”
Lately it has come to my attention that some people do not like the word “cisgender”. So I’ve taken the liberty of listing these handy alternatives for you:
- Bipedal cockroach
- Moist dishrag
Reblog if you think cis women and trans women are both women! Reblog here if you don’t.
this was supposed to be a cool word art thing in the shape of the word no but i gave up. much like how i’ve already given up with school.
Attention fellow photosensitives!
I’d like to take a moment to tell you all about what is now easily my favorite XKit add-on, Disable Gifs.
Disable Gifs is almost everything I could have wanted from a photosensitive accessibility add-on. It will:
- Automatically stop gifs on your dashboard. This feature isn’t quite perfect, because it will only freeze gifs that are part of a photo post (meaning that you’re out of luck if someone adds a really flashy gif anywhere in the comment section, which is why non-photosensitive folk still need to please tag for this stuff), but it will definitely help with the majority of flashy things that will pass your dashboard.
- Allow you to play individual gifs at will. Specifically, each photo post with an animated gif will have a “Play Gif” (see image) option at the bottom of it. Simply click on this to animate all of the gifs in a post. If you want to see a specific gif in a photoset, just click on that image to view it with Tumblr’s photo viewer, and it’ll pop up and play.
- Easily stop gifs again once played. That gif a bit too much for you? You hate seeing it out of the corner of your eye? Just hit the “Play Gif” button again and it’ll stop.
Seriously, guys. My Tumblr experience is now so much better thanks to this add-on. Its main drawbacks are that it doesn’t stop gifs within the body of text and that it might slow down your computer, but I haven’t had any performance issues with this as of yet, and I’ve still found that it’s dramatically reduced how often I get triggery gifs on my dash. A+, would highly recommend.
To welcome this add-on into your life, first get XKit if you do not have it, and then go to your XKit “Get Extensions” tab, search for “Disable Gifs”, and click “install.”
Oh, and if you’re doing this during the holiday season, to turn off the annoying flashy Christmas lights, hit “Festivus Person?” in the lower right hand corner.